Friday, October 22, 2010
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
WELCOME TO K.L. BIRD PARK.
Cattle Egret (Bubulcus ibis)
The K.L. bird park is a free-flight concept bird park where you can see approximately 2000 birds of local and foreign species birds living together in the semi natural/man-made environment.
The KL Bird Park was established in 1991 and was officially opened by Her Majesty the Queen of Malaysia, Tunku Bainun. The park is 10 minutes away from the city centre.
This Bird Park also reputed one of the largest covered bird park in the world, bird lovers can
There is a Hornbill Gift Shop and the Hornbill Restaurant & Café.
It's located on the top of a hill and you have spectacular view.
How to get there?
You can google there through google-map or start from Keretapi Tanah Melayu (KTM) :
1) Head south on Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin toward Jalan Sultan Sulaiman.
2) Slight left at Jalan Sultan Sulaiman.
3) Exit onto Jalan Tun Sambantan
4) Take the exit.
5) Slight right toward Jalan Tugu.
6) Take the 1st left toward Jalan Tugu.
7) Turn left at jalan Tugu.
8) Take the 1st left onto Jalan Cenderasari.
9) Continue onto Jalan Tembusu.ft
10) Turn left at Jalan Cenderawasih.
11) Take the 1st left. (The K.L. Bird Park will be on the left).
Map of the park, and plan your way...
The natural view in the park
Flamingos in the pond
There also a fish pond full of "hungry" japanese koi.. You can enjoy feeding the them by the fish food from the refreshment kiosk.
- victoria crowned pigeon
These clever cockatoo perform their various show to delight the audience during bird performance show at 12.30pm & 3.30pm.
**Note :Bird's diets are special. Wrong types of food may cause food poisoning. So, please don't simply feed them.
Sorry, this is wild monkey but not inside the park, they always loitering at the entrance.
For more information, please contact:
Kuala Lumpur Bird Park